International Symposium on VR innovation (ISVRI) 2011
19 – 20 March, 2011
SUNTEC Singapore International Convention and Exhibition Center, Singapore
International Symposium on VR innovation 2011 is the first international symposium focused on really innovative (exciting, stimulating) concepts, systems (hardware/software), or applications of virtual reality, even if they have not reached the stage to conduct well-defined user studies. If either of innovative concept, hardware, software, or application is described in the paper, this symposium will be a chance to submit and to have a presentation.
This two-day symposium will be held in parallel with IEEE 3D User Interfaces Symposium, and followed immediately by the IEEE Virtual Reality 2011 Conference.
The Symposium themes include, but are not limited to, the following topics:
- Beyond visual VR (auditory, haptic, olfactory, gustatory, and other interfaces)
- Industrial VR application
- VR for culture and art
- Edutainment based on VR
- Case studies in Asia
Accepted papers, technical notes, and posters will be included in the unified digital proceedings, in conjunction with IEEE Virtual Reality 2011 and IEEE 3DUI 2011.
- Papers (up to 8 pages) submission due: November 19, 2010
- Technical notes (up to 4 pages) submission due: November 19, 2010
- Posters (1-2 pages) submission due: December, 3, 2010
- Research Demos submission due: To be announced
- Review decisions expected: December 17, 2010
- Camera-ready papers due: January 7, 2011
For general information about the symposium, please contact the general co-chairs:
– Hyun Seung Yang, (KAIST, Korea)
– Zhigeng Pan, (Zhejiang University., China)
– Yasuyuki Yanagida, (Meijo University., Japan)
– Adrian Cheok, (NUS, Singapore)