A ce titre, la conférence annuelle de l’association EuroVR se tiendra à Laval (Mayenne) du 12 au 14 décembre.
Vous trouverez en téléchargement le premier appel à papier pour participer à la conférence.
Différents types de contributions sont attendus:
- Papiers scientifiques ou techniques (deadline 29 septembre)
- Présentations industrielles (deadline 13 octobre)
- Posters (deadline 13 octobre)
- Démonstrations (deadline 13 octobre)
Laval Virtual Center and EuroVR association (https://www.eurovr-association.org/) would like to
cordially invite you to consider contributing to EuroVR 2017
CALL FOR PAPERS
14th annual EuroVR conference
12-14 December, 2017
After Bremen (2014), Lecco (2015) and Athens (2016), we are pleased to announce EuroVR 2017, the annual conference of a series started thanks to the INTUITION Network of Excellence in Virtual and Augmented Reality supported by European Commission from 2004 to 2008, then imbedded within the Joint Virtual Reality Conferences (JVRC) from 2009 to 2013.
As in previous years, EuroVR 2017 will bring together people from industry, commerce, and research including technology developers, suppliers and all those interested in virtual reality, augmented or mixed reality (VR, AR, MR) and 3D user interfaces, to exchange knowledge and share experiences of new results and applications, enjoy live demonstrations of current and emerging technologies, and form collaborations for future work.
TYPES OF CONTRIBUTIONS
- Scientific/Technical Track (14-20 page long papers or 8-10 page short papers, both in one column Springer format): original, unpublished papers documenting new research contributions, practice and experience, or novel applications in VR/AR/MR.
- Industrial Track (1 page abstract): best practices, industrial use cases of VR/AR/MR, project results and demonstrations of VR/AR/MR applications in industry, and/or actual or potential transfers of academic results.
- Poster Track (2 page abstract): recently completed work, work in progress, or publicly presentable ideas for unimplemented and/or unusual systems or applications.
- Demonstration Track (2 pages abstract): live demonstrations of past and on-going projects. Technology developers and suppliers, exhibitors, digital artists and members of the VR/AR/MR industrial communities are all invited to exhibit and demonstrate the latest technologies and applications.
Authors of accepted scientific/technical papers and industrial track submissions will be expected to attend the conference and make a 15-25 minute oral presentation. The authors of accepted posters and demonstrations will have to make a brief oral presentation on their work in addition to the poster or demo presentations.
Please, consult submission details here: http://eurovr2017.laval-virtual.org/contributions/submission Scientific/Technical papers accepted by the International Program Committee (IPC) will be published in an ISBN special issue of the Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) series edited by Springer. In addition, some of the best papers will be selected by a special committee to be invited to submit an extended version to the open access journal Frontiers in Virtual Environments.
All abstracts, including industrial abstracts, poster abstracts, and demo abstracts, accepted by their related committees will be published in an ISBN-registered USB key proceedings.
TOPICS OF INTEREST
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Human factors issues
- User studies and evaluation
- Presence and cognition
- 3D user interfaces and/or 3D interaction metaphors
- Self-representation and embodiment, virtual humans
- Sickness and side effects
- Realism, validity and fidelity
- Cost effectiveness and cost efficiency
- Virtual Reality (VR) system architecture
- Collaborative and distributed VR
- Augmented Reality (AR) and mobile devices
- Augmented Virtuality (AV) and tangible interfaces
- Mixed Reality (MR)
- Tracking and motion technologies
- Advances in display technologies
- Image-based 3D modeling and rendering
- Realistic graphic rendering of dynamic or complex scenes
- 3D audio rendering and related technologies
- Haptic systems and devices
- Real-time modeling & simulation
- Multimodal interaction in immersive environments
- Immersive collaboration: technologies, use cases, management
- Industrial applications
- Aerospace and Transport
- Construction and Architecture
- Manufacturing and Engineering
- Medical and Rehabilitation
- Product and Process design
- Training and Education
- Cultural applications
- Serious Gaming and Edutainment
For Scientific/Technical papers (long & short), all submissions have to be uploaded on the Online Conference Service (OCS) of Springer which will be indicated on the EuroVR 2017 website soon:
– Submission : September 29, 2017
– Notification : October 27, 2017
– Camera ready : November 03, 2017
For Industrial abstracts, Poster & Demo (long abstract), all submissions have to be uploaded on the EasyChair which will be indicated on the EuroVR 2017 website soon:
– Submission : October 13, 2017
– Notification : November 03, 2017
– Camera ready : November 10, 2017
Early bird registration: November 12, 2017
Conference days: December 12-14, 2017
General Conference Co-chairs
- Victoria INTERRANTE (University of Minnesota, USA)
- Evelyne KLINGER (ESIEA – Paris & Laval, France)
- Jérôme PERRET (Haption, France & Germany)
International Program Committee Co-chairs
- Jernej BARBIC (University of South California, USA)
- Mirabelle D’CRUZ (University of Nottingham, UK)
- Marc Erich LATOSCHIK (University of Würzburg, Germany)
- Mel SLATER (University of Barcelona, Spain)
- Patrick BOURDOT (VENISE/LIMSI, CNRS, France)
The full IPC is available here: http://eurovr2017.laval-virtual.org/conference-committees
- Dieter KASCH (AIRBUS, Germany)
- Mike KRUS (KDAB Glasgow, UK)
- Matthieu LEPINE (Immersion SA, Bordeaux, France)
- Lionel DOMINJON (CLARTE, Laval, France)
- Christoph RUNDE (VDC & IMS, Germany)
Poster & Demo Co-chairs
- Lucio DE PAOLIS (University of Salento, Italy)
- Giannis KARASEITANIDIS (ICCS, Greece)
- Krzysztof WALCZAK (Poznań University of Economics and Business, Poland)
Local organizing Committee & Sponsoring
- Laurent CHRETIEN (Head of Laval Virtual)
- Anne-Sophie CLAYER (Laval Virtual)
- Marie-Laure PERES (Laval Virtual)