The i2CAT Foundation is a research center working on Future Internet technologies and digital innovation. The Media Internet research area (MIA) of the i2CAT foundation is seeking an experienced Computer Graphics Engineer or a Virtual Reallity Scientist to join our team.
The candidate should have a PhD on a topic related to Computer Graphics and Virtual Reality, or equivalent work experience. The successful candidate will join the Media & Internet Unit to develop a platform for multi-user virtual reality experiences and use a variety of media formats (video, dynamic meshes, point clouds) to develop, design and evaluate virtual reality behavioral experiments.
The successful candidate will be part of the H2020 ICT Project VR-Together, a 3 year project starting in October 2017. This will give several opportunities to interact with a network of European partners specialized on different aspects of media representation, streaming and VR content production.
The experienced research engineer will join the Media team of the i2CAT foundation and carry out duties towards the objectives of the VR-Together project. This may include tasks such as:
- Work with innovative media formats (point clouds, dynamic meshes, etc.).
- Integrate innovative encoding and media streaming solutions to optimize the VR experience and feeling of co-presence.
- Explore methods to increase the feeling of physicality in the virtual space.
- Develop characters that help preserve and reinforce the feeling of togetherness in VR.
- Test quantitatively and qualitatively the feeling of co-presence.
- PhD on a topic related to Computer Graphics, Virtual Reality or equivalent experience.
- Good spoken and written English is essential
- Experience in machine learning, statistics or behavioral studies will be a plus
What do we offer?
- A unique experience working in the sunny Barcelona within an international, dynamic and growing organization.
- Located in Zona Universitària with great connections with metropolitan public transport and easy access by car.
- Multidisciplinary and multicultural environment
- Be in contact with leading edge technology
- Competitive Salary + Bonus
- Flexible retribution
- Initial 12 months contract (3 months probation) + yearly renewed contracts
- 25 free working days per year,
- Fridays afternoon off
- Intensive summer work (July + August) from 8:00 to 15:15 o’clock
- Possibility to do two days of tele-working each month!
- Flexible working hours
Interested applicants should send a motivation letter and an updated resume at:
For further information, feel free to contact Dr Joan Llobera at firstname.lastname@example.org