EPFL Switzerland and Mirrakoi SA are looking for researchers in computer graphics interested in applying for a “EU Horizon 2020 Marie-Curie” fellowship.
EPFL and its spin-off company Mirrakoi SA are hiring researchers for a duration of max. 24 months to work on a novel 3D digital modeling technology. Mirrakoi SA is a start-up linked to Prof. Michael Unser’s lab at EPFL; its novel shape modeling technology is based on advanced spline signal processing algorithms for interactive 3D modeling.
The “EU Horizon 2020 Marie-Curie” fellowship is a mobility-grant that allows high-technology companies to hire researchers from a different country.
The interested applicant might contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Mirrakoi is a Swiss technology software company that provides high-end 3D CAD solutions that simulate real-world physical contact during the 3D digital modeling process. We enable unprecedented efficiency, precision, and the acceleration of the interactive 3D design process for CAD and computer-aided engineering (CAE). As a spin-off from EPFL, the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Lausanne, Switzerland, Mirrakoi has established strong partnerships with globally leading engineering, architecture, design and CAD companies to bring our technology to the market.
We would like to reinforce our research and innovation team through the Marie Sklodowska-Curie Individual Fellowship Program (MSCA IF EF-SE). Therefore, we are looking for candidates with a Ph.D. in ComputerGraphics for a
Marie Curie Fellowship
The topic of the work will be on the development, design and implementation of our 3D CAD software products.
The specific topic of the work will be determined more in depth for every candidate through the process of
mentored proposal preparation and can range from spline and polygon-modeling to 3D visualization, scene
representation and rendering as well as UX/UI design.
- Development of concepts for interactive 3D shape representation and manipulation
- Implementation of visualization and rendering-related aspects
- Writing patents, technical reports, supervision of interns and possibly scientific publications
- Holding a Ph.D. in Computer Graphics or equivalent by September 2018 (MSCA IF EF-SE requirement)
- Less than 3 years of living in Switzerland in the past 5 years (MSCA IF EF-SE requirement)
- Strong analytical skills as well as experience in software design
- Knowledge of English
We are looking for
- an enthusiastic person motivated by designing and building innovative solutions
- passionate about innovation and development of new technologies
- structured and methodical
- ability to work independently and as part of a team
- autonomous and rigorous
The selected researchers will be contacted for an MSCA IF development and training opportunity. We will support the candidate to prepare and submit the proposal. The candidates, whose proposal will be accepted by
the EU, will work with the research and innovation team of Mirrakoi SA in Lausanne, Switzerland.
Duration: 12-24 months contract
Salary: 5900 € / month and an additional monthly 600 € mobility allowance.
Application deadline: August 5, 2018
Proposal submission deadline: September 12, 2018
Start date: Spring 2019
Workplace: Mirrakoi SA, 1015 Lausanne, Switzerland
The position is open to researchers from all nationalities.
Contact: Send your CV (including references, list of publications, and nationality) to Daniel Schmitter, CEO