For your information, the Online Conference Service (OCS) of Springer, which manages the scientific submissions at EuroVR 2019, is opened.
Please pay attention that two OCS accesses are available depending of your scientific contribution category, namely:
For scientific full papers, please use: https://ocs.springer.com/ocs/home/EuroVR2019_Scientific_paper_track
For scientific poster papers, please use: https://ocs.springer.com/ocs/home/EuroVR2019_Scientific_poster_track
For more details please see the attached Submission Guidelines for the Scientific track of EuroVR 2019.
EuroVR association (https://www.eurovr-association.org/) would like to cordially invite you to contribute to EuroVR 2019.
CALL FOR CONTRIBUTIONS
16th EuroVR International Conference
23-25 October, 2019
TalTech Mektory, Tallinn, Estonia
We are pleased to announce the 16th EuroVR International Conference – EuroVR 2019 – taking place on 23-25 October 2019 in Tallinn, Estonia. The conference follows a series of successful European VR/AR conferences taking place since 2004 and known as INTUITION, JVRC and recently EuroVR (Bemen 2014, Lecco 2015, Athens 2016, Laval 2017, and London 2018). The 2019 edition of the conference is being organized by the TalTech Mektory team at the Tallinn University of Technology – Estonian members of the European Association for Virtual Reality and Mixed Reality (EuroVR).
EuroVR 2019 will bring together people from industry, commerce, and research, including technology developers, suppliers, and all those interested in Virtual Reality (VR), Mixed Reality (MR), including Augmented Virtuality (AV) and Augmented Reality (AR), and more globally 3D user interfaces, to exchange knowledge and share experiences, new results and applications, enjoy live demonstrations of current and emerging technologies, and form collaborations for future work.
TYPES OF CONTRIBUTIONS
From this year on, all contributions are organized in two main tracks, each one divided in several categories as follows.
1) Scientific track submissions can be:
a) Long (14-20 pages) or short (8-10 pages) scientific papers: original, unpublished papers documenting new research contributions, practice and experience, or novel applications in VR or AV/AR/MR.
b) Scientific poster papers (4-6 pages): work in progress or other scientific contributions that do not fit one of the categories of this call, such as ideas for unimplemented and/or unusual systems.
For this track, the International Program Committee (IPC) chairs, with the Poster chairs for the second category of submissions, will select the accepted contributions thanks to a double blind peer reviewing process among IPC members. All accepted papers will be published with the sizing corresponding to their category in the Scientific proceedings of EuroVR 2019, edited by Springer as a volume of the Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) series. For your convenience, indexing information of LNCS series is available on this Springer webpage.
2) Application track contributions can be:
a) Application talk (1 page abstract): best practices, practical use cases of VR or AV/AR/MR, project results of applications using such technologies in industry and other sectors, as well as actual or potential transfers of academic results.
b) Application poster (1 page abstract): recently completed VR or AV/AR/MR applied work, application in progress, or unusual applications.
c) Demo & Exhibition (1 page abstract): live demonstrations of past and on-going projects. Technology developers and suppliers, exhibitors, digital artists, and members of the commercial VR or AV/AR/MR communities are all invited to exhibit and demonstrate the latest technologies and applications.
For this track, the Application chairs, Poster chairs, and Demo & Exhibition chairs, depending on the submission category, will manage acceptation of the contributions. All accepted abstracts in this track will be published in the Application proceedings of EuroVR 2019 as an ISBN-registered volume edited by VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland Ltd.
We highly encourage all authors submitting any kind of contribution to categories 1.a, 1.b, 2.a or 2.b, to submit also a live demonstration to the Demo & Exhibition category (2.c).
JOURNAL INVITATION AND AWARDS
In addition, a set of the best accepted contributions will be selected by a special committee structured according to the categories of the Scientific and Application tracks, to invite the authors of the selected contributions to submit an extended version to the open access journal Frontiers in Virtual Environments.
Last but not the least, based of the work of the same special committee, best awards will be decided for each contribution category within each track. More information on the EuroVR best awards procedure will be available soon on the EuroVR 2019 website, as well as the winners of previous years.
For all categories of the Scientific track, submissions have to be uploaded thanks to the Online Conference Service (OCS) of Springer. Information on the OCS page dedicated to the conference will appear in the submission guidelines: https://eurovr2019.eu/call-for-papers/submission-guidelines-scientific-track/
For all categories of the Application track, submissions have to be uploaded thanks to EasyChair. Information will be available soon in the detailed submission guidelines: https://eurovr2019.eu/submission-guidelines-application-track/
TOPICS OF INTEREST include, but are not limited to:
Human factors issues
● User studies on all issues related to VR or AR/AV/MR
● Presence, realism, validity and fidelity
● 3D user interfaces and/or 3D interaction metaphors
● Self-representation and embodiment, avatars, virtual humans
● Cybersickness and side effects
● Cost effectiveness and cost efficiency
● Virtual reality system architecture
● Collaborative and distributed VR or AV/AR/MR
● Augmented reality and mobile devices
● Augmented virtuality and tangible interfaces
● Mixed Reality
● Tracking and motion technologies
● Advances in display technologies
● Image-based 3D modeling and rendering
● Realistic rendering of dynamic or complex scenes
● 3D audio rendering and related technologies
● Haptics and force-feedback, algorithms, systems, and devices
● Real-time modeling & simulation
● Multimodal interaction in immersive environments
● Immersive collaboration: technologies, use cases, management
● Immersive analytics: interactions, models, architectures
● Artificial Intelligence for VR or AV/AR/MR
● Virtual humans for VR or AV/AR/MR
● Industrial applications
● Aerospace and Transport
● Construction and Architecture
● Manufacturing and Engineering
● Medical and Rehabilitation
● Product and Process design
● Training and Education
● Cultural heritage and other applications for culture
● Serious Gaming and Edutainment
For the Scientific track, contributions deadlines are:
– Scientific paper submissions: June 3, 2019
– Scientific poster paper submissions: June 28, 2019
– Notification to authors for all Scientific categories: July 12, 2019
– Camera ready for accepted contributions to all Scientific categories: July 29, 2019
For the Application track, contributions deadlines are:
– Short abstract submissions for all Application categories: Aug 9, 2019
– Notification to authors for all Application categories: Sept 6, 2019
Camera ready for accepted contributions to all Application categories: Sept 13, 2019
Early Bird registration: Sept 13, 2019Conference days: October 23-25, 2019
Tauno Otto (Tallinn University of Technology, Estonia)
Krzysztof Walczak (Poznań University of Economics and Business, Poland)
Hirokazu Kato (Nara Institute of Science and Technology, Japan)
International Program Committee (IPC) Chairs
Patrick Bourdot (VENISE/LIMSI, CNRS, France)
Victoria Interrante (University of Minnesota, USA)
Luciana Nedel (University of Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil)
Nadia Magnenat-Thalmann (MIRALab, Switzerland & Institute for Media Innovation (IMI) at Nanyang Technological University, Singapore)
The full IPC member list is here: https://eurovr2019.eu/international-program-committee/
Gabriel Zachmann (University of Bremen, Germany)
Lorenzo Picinali (Imperial College London, UK)
Maud Marchal (IRISA-INSA Rennes, France)