Post Doctoral Researcher – Hair Capture & Modeling
InterDigital develops mobile and video technologies that are at the core of devices, networks, and services worldwide. We solve many of the industry’s most critical and complex technical challenges, inventing solutions for more efficient broadband networks, better video delivery, and richer multimedia experiences years ahead of market deployment. InterDigital has licenses and strategic relationships with many of the world’s leading technology companies. Founded in 1972, InterDigital is listed on NASDAQ and is included in the S&P MidCap 400® index
Digital humans are key aspects of the rapidly evolving areas of virtual reality, augmented reality, virtual production and gaming. Even outside of the entertainment world, they are becoming more and more commonplace in retail, sports, social media, education, health and many other fields. In this context, InterDigital Research & Innovation develops core technologies for creating digital doubles. Capturing and modeling hair and facial hair is a challenging aspect of this process that will be addressed in this project. The research will be conducted in a collaborative effort and will lead to novel solutions valorized through patents, technology transfers and scientific publications.
– Invent, implement and validate new technical concepts according to the team strategy,
– Participate to the research valorization effort through invention disclosures and technology transfers, and publications in peered-review journals and prestigious conferences,
– Propose new research directions to feed InterDigital innovation.
– PhD in computer graphics or related field.
– Expertise in the topic of hair, fur simulation
– Strong experience in SW development (python/c++)
– Machine Learning / Deep Learning experience would be a plus
– Experience with photogrammetry would be a plus
– Proven track record in publications, technical innovation and problem solving.
– Team spirit, enthusiastic, motivated, and creative attitude.
– Good communication skills to promote activities internally and externally. Fluent English mandatory.
How to apply:
Location: Rennes, France