ConVRgence (VRIC) registration is free for the presenter of a selected paper! Submit a paper!
Dear academic and industrial colleagues,
You are cordially invited to participate to the 22nd ConVRgence VRIC 2020 (Virtual Reality International Conference) in attending and eventually submitting an abstract or a paper.
ConVRgence (VRIC) 2020 will be held in Laval (France) during Laval Virtual 2020, the biggest European conference & exhibition on immersive (AR-VR-MR) technologies, leader since 1999.
ConVRgence (VRIC) 2020 will gather specialists in Immersive Technologies, from research institutions & industry leaders, to share their knowledge and produce a vision towards the evolution of immersive technologies and their future usage scenarios within different sectors. For 3 days, the programme will include invited keynotes, papers’ and posters’ presentations, etc.
More than ever, ConVRgence (VRIC) conference at Laval Virtual 2020 is the place to be in order to participate to the tremendous growth of Immersive Technologies.
>> NEW: ConVRgence (VRIC) registration includes unlimited free entrance to Laval Virtual exhibition and to more than 200 other technical and arts-based conferences!
>> REMINDER: ConVRgence (VRIC) registration is free for the presenter of a selected paper! Submit a paper!
To participate to ConVRgence (VRIC) 2020, just register on www.laval-virtual.com
To get the opportunity to introduce your work to the audience and get a free full pass, you can submit:
– A Paper that will be directly published on IJVR (International Journal of Virtual Reality ijvr.org) or on ConVRgence 2020 proceedings (according to the reviewers’ assessment, the best papers will be published directly on IJVR, the other papers will be included in ConVRgence 2020 proceedings)
– An extended Abstract that will be published in ConVRgence 2020 proceedings (you don’t have to submit a paper if your abstract is accepted; however, if you wish you could quickly turn your accepted abstract into a full paper).
Pr Simon Richir, ConVRgence (VRIC) Chair.
22th Virtual Reality International Conference – Laval Virtual 2019
CALL for ABSTRACTS & PAPERS
ConVRgence (VRIC) Laval Virtual website: http://www.laval-virtual.com/
Application & Submission page: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=vricconvrgence2020
The annual ConVRgence (VRIC) – Laval Virtual scientific conference – is a global forum for researchers and engineers from industry, academia and research institutes to discuss and exchange ideas, methods and results on Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, Mixed Reality, new usage scenarios and emerging technologies. The scope of the conference covers a variety of topics ranging from theoretical developments to industrial applications and case studies. You have the opportunity to share your knowledge by submitting and presenting an abstract or a paper.
Sponsored by IJVR – Logistics Partner: Laval Virtual
>>> Abstract Submission Deadline: January 10, 2020
>>> Paper Submission Deadline: January 17, 2020
Decision notification and reviews sent to authors: February 24, 2020
Camera-ready papers due: March 27, 2020
All papers must be original and not simultaneously submitted to another journal or conference. Accepted papers and abstracts appear on the ConVRgence 2020 proceedings or on IJVR journal and will be available for free for all readers. During the conference, presenters have up to 20-minutes (including questions) to present their work. ConVRgence (VRIC) 2020 seeks original contributions in all areas related to virtual reality (VR), augmented reality (AR), mixed reality (MR) and 3D user interfaces (3DUIs).
ConVRgence (VRIC) 2020 features two categories of submissions: abstracts (500 to 900 words) or papers (2 to 10 pages). In cooperation with IJVR (International Journal of Virtual Reality), papers with substantial contribution will directly be included on IJVR. (Discover soon their new web platform on ijvr.eu)
Topics: Papers may come from any area of XR activity, from academia or industry. ConVRgence (VRIC) 2020 seeks contributions addressing at least one of the following 5 topics:
• Health: Surgery – Handicap – Healthcare – Training – Education – Medicine – Mental health – Addiction – Phobia – …
• Human Centered Experience: Presence – Self presence – Virtual embodiment – Incarnation – Cognition – Earth day/ethic – Ethical issues in VR/AR/MR – Transhumanism – Social experience – Education – Culture – Human factors – Perception – Teleoperation and telepresence – Virtual humans and avatars – Multi-user and distributed VR/AR/MR – Living in a virtual collaborative world – User eXperience – 3D interaction for VR/AR/MR – 3DUI metaphors for VR/AR/MR – …
• Design & Creativity: Engineering design – Sharing ideas – Cocreation – Live scenarios – Data viz – Training – Content creation – Interactive 3D production – 360 acquisition Systems – Volumetric Scanning &Reconstruction – Immersive Storytelling – Modeling and simulation – Arts – Engineering Design – Ideation – Creativity – Links to CAD software – …
• Industry 4.0: Training – Maintenance – CAD – Practical cases – …
• New technology & Crosstechnology: Artificial intelligence – IoT – BIM – Big data – Hard & Soft dedicated to XR – Multimodal interfaces – Advanced or experimental display technology (e.g. Light Fields) – Immersive projection technology – Computer graphics techniques – Visual – Audio – Tactile interfaces – Emerging related technologies – Robotics – 3D Print – Drones – Lightfield – Low Tech VR – Ubiquitous Computing – Tracking and sensing – Input devices for VR/AR/MR – Locomotion and navigation in virtual environments – Haptics – Sensors – …
VRIC and IJVR uses a multi-blind review process, meaning both authors and reviewers remain anonymous to each other. Blind abstracts and blind papers (hide the names of the authors) must be submitted electronically through the online submission system: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=vricconvrgence2020
All papers should be formatted using the IJVR VRIC ConVRgence Template that you will download HERE