The postdoctoral researcher will extend the work we have been carrying on how to visualize and interact with 3D scatterplots in Virtual Reality (see references below). His/her first task is to develop an experiment that aims to compare two types of data immersion. Other tasks and research directions will depend on his/her personal interest.
Around 6 months, beginning from January to March, ending no later than October 2020.
The lab is located in the vibrant city of Nantes (https://en.nantes.fr/home.html), close to the beautiful Atlantic coast of South Brittany. Nantes has been named the 2019 European Capital of Innovation.
Net monthly salary > 2000€, depending on experience.
Pr. Yannick Prié
PhD in Data Visualization or HCI with a strong interest for immersive technologies and experience in formal evaluation. Good written and oral communication skills.
Send CV + motivation + references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
References (see http://yannickprie.net/publications/)
– Survey of Immersive Analytics (2019) Adrien Fonnet, Yannick Prié. in IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics, 22 pp.
– Prototyping Immersive Analytics: Experiments with Design Students (2019) Adrien Fonnet, Grégoire Cliquet, Yannick Prié. in Workshop on Immersive Analytics “Interaction Design and Prototyping for Immersive Analytics” at CHI 2019, Glasgow, UK, May 2019.
– Axes and Coordinate Systems Representations for Immersive Analytics of Multi-Dimensional Data (2018) Adrien Fonnet, Toinon Vigier, Grégoire Cliquet, Fabien Picarougne, Yannick Prié. in 4th International Symposium on Big Data Visual and Immersive Analytics BDVA 2018, Konstanz, Germany, October 2018.
– Immersive Data Exploration and Analysis (2018) Adrien Fonnet, Florian Melki, Yannick Prié, Fabien Picarougne, Grégoire Cliquet. in Student Interaction Design Research conference, May 2018, Helsinki, Finland.
– Towards HMD-based Immersive Analytics (2017) Grégoire Cliquet, Matthieu Perreira, Fabien Picarougne, Yannick Prié, Toinon Vigier. in Immersive analytics Workshop, IEEE VIS 2017, Phoenix, Arizona, United States.