Post Doctoral position on Socially Assistive Robotics in Clinical Geriatrics
The Institute for Intelligent Systems and Robotics (ISIR) at Sorbonne University in Paris is seeking applications for a post doctoral research position on Socially Assistive Robotics in clinical geriatrics.
The research will be carried out in collaboration with other two institutions: the Groupe Hospitalier Pitié-Salpétrière, Hôpital Charles-Foix, Ivry-Sur-Seine and LTCI, Télécom Paris, Institut polytechique de Paris.
We are looking for a talented and motivated post-doctoral researcher to study the mechanisms that can engage elderly people in interaction and to develop a multi-layered framework enabling robots to play as trainers for them.
The layers of the framework will enable to monitor both the individuals’ and the group’s performances, and to plan adequate strategies to allow every participant to keep the pace of the exercises.
The successful candidate will join a multidisciplinary team where she/he will pursue clear research scientific questions in order to produce high impact publications in top international conferences and journals.
Funding for the postdoctoral position is available for 12 months, with possibility of extension for further 6 months.
– PhD in Robotics, Machine Learning, Computer Science or similar relevant fields;
– Motivation working in multidisciplinary research at the interface between Robotics, Computer Science and Psychology;
– Strong knowledge of programming languages, i.e. Python, C/C++
– Good command of English (written and spoken)
– Very good communication skills, commitment, independent working style as well as initiative and team spirit
– Experience with Computer Vision and Machine Learning frameworks;
– Familiarity with human-robot interaction experiments
– Knowledge of robotic middlewares (e.g. ROS)
– Familiarity with statistics and human data analysis
The successful candidate will be offered a salary commensurate to CV and Sorbonne University salary scale.
To apply, please send (as ONE FILE and via email, quoting exactly “Postdoc application in SAR” in the subject line of your e-mail) a detailed CV, university transcripts, a statement of research interests, and a list of two references to Prof. Mohamed Chetouani (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Prof. Giovanna Varni (email@example.com). Receiving of applications will continue until the position is filled and evaluation of applicants will start on a first-come-first-serve basis.
Giovanna Varni, PhD
Maître de conférences
Groupe S2A, LTCI, Télécom Paris, Institut polytechnique de Paris